Resources for service members and their families
Culinary Institute of Virginia is proud to serve members of the military - in fact, we have ranked “Best For Vets” 6 years in a row according to Military Times! Culinary Institute of Virginia is a military distance learning partner for the Marine Corps, Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard and can help you develop in-demand skills needed in the workforce today.
Why do military students and families choose us?
- We provide a variety of military support services you won't find at other institutions
- We have a high graduation rate for military students
- We aid our students in exploring military-friendly financial aid options, including VA benefits, the GI Bill and VRAP
- All of our dedicated support staff members are former military members and understand the unique challenges of veterans
- Our flexible programs mean you can take time off when you need it
Financial aid opportunities
Culinary Institute of Virginia is military-approved for tuition assistance in VA benefits, including GI Bill benefits and the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP). We are also a member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) and offer additional scholarship opportunities for military students and their families, including:
- ECPI/Imagine America – Military Award Program – $1,000
- ECPI/Imagine America – LDRSHIP Award – $5,000
- Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) program for military spouses – maximum education benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year cap of $2000 DOD Support Scholarship Program – contact us for additional details
- Post 9/11 GI Bill ®* (Chapter 33)
- ECPI is a Yellow Ribbon Schoo
- Tuition Assistance
- Tuition Assistance Top Up
For more information about the support services, benefits, and financial aid and scholarship opportunities we provide, fill out the form on this page. One of our advisors will get back to you soon and answer any questions you have.